When going online, if you get pop-ups on the pages of your browser, you probably got on your computer some intrusive applications / toolbars. The same thing applies if your homepage got changed to another one without you doing anything to change it.
Many users have been tricked into installing these kind of third party toolbars that may overwrite default settings in their browsers (such as the home page or the preferred search engine). The inconveniences brought by this, are due to various bundle deals, on which the mentioned applications/toolbars are coming with.
To get rid of this nagging situation, please follow these steps:
1. Try to remove all the unknown programs / toolbars from your computer:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and double click on each of the unknown/unwanted applications in order to remove them from the system
2. Now you should be able to change your browser’s homepage, search engine and get rid of any unwanted add-ons/extensions:
• If you are using Mozilla Firefox, here are the steps to do that
• If you are using Google Chrome, follow the steps described in the articles below:
• If you are using Internet Explorer, here are the articles:
• If you are using Microsoft Edge use the articles below:
3. To be able to block future ads, we recommend you to install Adblock Plus (or uBlock Origin) for your browser:
4. Perform a disk cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives (this can also help your PC run faster). You can follow the instructions presented here.
If after restarting the computer the situation still persists, please open a support ticket that includes this log.