When going online, if you get pop-ups on the pages of your browser, you probably got on your computer some intrusive adware through various applications and toolbars. The same thing applies if your homepage got changed to another one without you doing anything to change it.
Many users have been tricked into installing this kind of third-party toolbars that may overwrite default settings in their browsers, such as the home page or the preferred search engine. The inconveniences brought by this, are due to various bundle deals, on which the mentioned applications/toolbars are integrated.
To get rid of annoying adware and enjoy a pleasant Internet browsing experience, follow these steps:
1. Try to uninstall all the unknown programs from your computer:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and double-click on each of the unknown/unwanted applications in order to remove them from the system.
2. Now you should be able to change your browser’s homepage, search engine and get rid of any unwanted add-ons/extensions:
• If you are using Mozilla Firefox, here are the steps to take.
• If you are using Google Chrome, follow the steps described in the articles below:
• If you are using Internet Explorer, here are the articles:
• If you are using Microsoft Edge use the articles below:
3. Block notifications from the websites allowed to display messages on your screen by following these steps:
4. To be able to block future ads, we recommend you to install Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin for your browser:
5. Perform a disk cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives (this can also help your PC run faster). You can follow the instructions presented here.
If after restarting the computer the situation still persists, please open a support ticket that includes this log.