What can I do if my system has been stolen?
Laptop theft is one of the main issues today affecting individuals and organizations throughout the world. Bitdefender Anti-Theft allows you to not only to locate and lock the stolen laptop, but also wipe all data to ensure that it will not be used by the thief.
To access the Anti-Theft features, follow these steps:
2. Click Anti-Theft
3. Select your computer from the list of devices.
4. Select the feature you want to use:
- displays your device's location on Google Maps.
The device you want to locate must be connected to the Internet.
- locks your computer and sets a numeric PIN code for unlocking it.
If you forget the PIN, click on and choose
- it deletes all data from your computer (including Windows format). After you wipe a device, all Anti-Theft features cease to function.
: This action is irreversible! Use it only if your laptop has been stolen, to ensure that the data will not be used by the thief.