Bitdefender Security for Endpoints Update (March 2014)
Bitdefender Security for Endpoints (cloud-based) protects business systems with centralized policy-based control and real-time visibility into the security status and does not require onsite server hardware or maintenance as it is managed by the hosted Bitdefender management console.
This article provides information on the changes delivered with the Security for Endpoints update released on March 26th 2014. This update includes noticeable user interface improvements along with some important Control Center bug fixes.
New Features and Improvements
An enhanced Essential Steps guide, including new functionalities:
- Quickly download the Endpoint Security installation package on your computer using the Install on this computer now button from Install Protection page.
- Send email invites for multiple installs to users in your network from the Install Protection page. This action will send an email message including the Endpoint Security package download link to all specified email addresses.
- The Control Center user interface has been improved to adapt according to the screen resolution.
- In certain situations, the valid license of client computers appeared expired. This issue is now fixed.
- User emails containing special characters were not recognized as valid. This issue is now fixed.
- Computers moved to a group that was assigned with a new policy, did not inherit the group policy (which remained in pending state). This issue is now fixed.
- Could not clone policies with password configuration enabled. This issue is now fixed.
- Could not create Endpoint Security packages with uninstall passwords containing certain special characters. This issue is now fixed.
- Solved an issue with partner users that could not access their new created companies, these being misplaced at the above level.
- The license usage was not updated after deleting a managed and offline computer from Control Center. This issue is now fixed.
- Partner accounts policies assigned to subordinate companies were not visible in the Policies page of the subordinate companies' accounts. This issue is now fixed.