Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 18.104.22.1686 Release Notes
Fast Ring: 2017.12.14
Slow Ring: 2017.12.19
- Starting with this release, even if the Display alert pop-ups option is enabled, BEST automatically applies the policy action on infected applications detected by Advanced Threat Control, instead of relying on the user to choose the appropriate action and thus exposing the system to risk.
- In some cases, the assignment rules failed to apply when using domain authentication and multiple rules (over 100). The issue is now fixed.
- In some cases, the assignment rules failed to apply properly when the Bitdefender services stopped temporarily. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Application Control log folder increased in size until it filled the disk.
- Fixed an issue where Content Control was still processing some webpages even after having been disabled.
- Fixed the failed upgrade from Endpoint Security to Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools, caused by never-ending uninstallation of the former product.
- Fixed product issues caused by scan engines when multiple tmp* folders were created in
- Fixed an issue where a device scanning task started for each user logged on the endpoint.
- In some situations, scheduled Full Scan tasks were running twice. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Scan SSL activation was blocking Google Hangouts.
- Fixed an issue where virtual machines in Parallels Desktop were identified as physical endpoints.
- Added support for uninstalling the incompatible Russian version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.
- Web Access Control exclusions failed to apply for websites which included, in their URLs, a similar group of letters as the ones from the Internet domain name (i.e. *ru). The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed the failed redirection of the product Signatures and ThreatScanner folders onto Thawed partition on endpoints with Faronics Deep Freeze, to ensure compatibility in accordance with this KB article.
- Fixed an issue where Power User could not disable Web Access Control locally after enabling it in Control Center.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.