18 Mar 2011

Anonymous releases cyber attack plans

The infamous hacker group Anonymous recently announced its plans to carry out attacks on major financial targets.

The group released a video on YouTube detailing its plans to target the Federal Reserve, the International Monetary Fund, the Bank for International Settlements and the World Bank. The hacker group also demands Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke, step down.

The movement is named Operation Empire State Rebellion. According to the group, 99.9 percent of the population is being attacked by the other 0.1 percent, which has consolidated wealth and ability to trigger an economic crisis and manipulate the market.

“We demand that the primary dealers within the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable for rigging markets and destroying the global economy, effective immediately,” the announcement stated.

Anonymous has been in the news quite frequently. In an exclusive interview with MSNBC’s Michael Isikoff, self-proclaimed “propagandist” Barret Brown, explained the hacker group only enters cyber battles against establishments that have committed wrongdoings against others. Brown also said the group breaks laws in order to restore civil disobedience.