With the 2016 version of Bitdefender, we implemented a subscription based system, which means that there won’t be any license keys when purchasing Bitdefender.
If you have an older license key, for a previous version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, you can transform it into a subscription, free of charge, by following the steps detailed below.
1. Access your Bitdefender Central account here (if you don’t have one yet, please create it)
2. Click on My Subscriptions.
3. Click on ACTIVATION CODE, in the top right area of the page.
4. Click on Get your FREE upgrade now!
5. A new window will pop-up. Please insert your license key and click on Upgrade my product.
These steps will transform your current license key into a subscription for Antivirus for Mac.
Now that you have this subscription, please install the newest version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac on your system, by following the steps from this article.