Bitdefender gives you the option to exclude specific files, folders or even traffic from being scanned as long as you know they are safe.
You can add exceptions for On-access and On-demand scanning as follows:
1. Open the Bitdefender program and go to the Modules window by clicking
2. Here, under the Protection tab select Antivirus.
3. In the Antivirus window select the Exclusions tab.
4. Make sure Exclusions for files is turned on by clicking the switch.
5. Click the Excluded files and folders link.
6. Click the Add button, located at the top of the exclusions table.
7. Click Browse, select the folder that you want to be excluded from scanning. Make sure it’s excluded for both “on-access and “on-demand” scanning and then click OK.
8. Click Add and then click OK to save the changes and close the window.
9. Then click on “Excluded processes“, add the .exe file of the application and make sure it is “Allowed” > click “Add” and then on Close. (this will exclude them from being monitored by the ATC and IDS)
To add a Firewall rule for an application (this applies to Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security):
1. Go to the Protection section and then click on the Firewall module.
2. Click on the Rules tab at the top and then select Add rule.
3. Browse to the application and click Ok, and then make sure the following settings are enabled:
• At Network type select Trusted, Home/Office, Public, Untrusted.
• Permission: Allow
• Click on OK and close the Rules window.
In addition, you can manually create a Bitdefender Network exception Zone between the computer and an IP address. In order to do that, please follow the steps from our article, here.