While using Bitdefender 2018, firewall may block the connection between your system and another device (such as another computer or a printer). As a result, you may no longer share or print files.
The best solution is to configure Bitdefender to automatically allow connections to and from the respective device. This can be done by adding a firewall rule for the device. To add a new rule, follow the steps detailed below:
1. Open the main Bitdefender interface.
2. Go to the Protection window.
3. Click the icon in the lower-right corner of the Firewall module.
4. Go to the NETWORK ADAPTERS tab. Click on the box corresponding to your network adapter and select Home/Office.
5. In the lower part of the window, click on Home/Office.
6. Go to the SETTINGS tab.
7. Click on Edit stealth settings.
8. Set the switch corresponding to your network adapter to Off.
9. Click Add rule.
10. In the upper part of the window, set the switch to YES, to Apply this rule to all applications.
11. From the available Permissions, select Allow.
12. When it comes to the Network Type the rule will apply to, select Home/Office.
13. Next, you will have to select the IP Protocol the rule will apply to. We recommend you select Any.
14. When it comes to the traffic Direction the rule will apply to, choose Both.
NOTE: Find out more about how to add a firewall rule here.
15. Go to the Advanced tab.
16. Under Custom Remote address, type the IP of the device you want to connect to in its corresponding field.
NOTE: You can also specify the port for which the rule will be available. If you do not specify the port, the rule will apply to all ports.
17. Click OK.