IMPORTANT: The kits below are valid for Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.
If you are using Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, please install Bitdefender by following the steps presented in this article.
Before installing Bitdefender on Windows XP and Windows Vista:
Access the link below to download the uninstall tool corresponding to the Bitdefender version currently installed on your system. This will help you remove any Bitdefender related files:
If you have a Bitdefender subscription, you can transform it into a Bitdefender license key valid for Windows XP and Vista.
1. Go to your Bitdefender Central account
2. Go to My Devices (on the left side of the window)
3. Click on INSTALL LOCAL PROTECTION (in the right part of the window)
4. Click on Get compatible version here.
5. You will be redirected to a new page. Please click on Get Security for XP & Vista license key to generate a license key.
6. Write down this license key, so you can use it to register your Bitdefender product.
7. Under the generated key you will see the option Download your product here and activate it when the product requires. Click on DOWNLOAD.
8. Run the downloaded install kit.
9. After the installation, register your product using the license key for Security for XP & Vista.
NOTE: The key generated from Bitdefender Central is for the Bitdefender Security for XP & Vista product.
Bitdefender Security for XP & Vista installation kit can also be downloaded from this location: