The Bitdefender 2017 egraphical user interface is designed to suit each and every category of users. The interface includes, among others, an Activity window and a Notifications window. In this article, we will take a closer look at these sections.
• The Activity window allows you to view the product activity in the last 30 days and access the Security Report which is generated every seven days.
• You can check what applications, threats and attacks were blocked during the last month, and if any ransomware attempts were made.
• Furthermore, you can access the Bitdefender Central Activity Dashboard by clicking the corresponding link.
• The Activity of the antivirus is also presented in three panels, situated in the lower right side of the main interface.
NOTE: This should not be mistaken with the Notifications, which replaced the Events log found in Bitdefender 2016.
NOTE: The numbers displayed by the App Protection, File Protection and Web Protection panels will only reset once a month.
• The Notifications log can be accessed in the left-side column of the main interface. It provides you with access to the generated notifications.
NOTE: Bitdefender keeps a detailed log of events concerning its activity on your computer. Whenever something relevant to the security of your system or data happens, a new message is added to the Bitdefender Notifications area, in a similar way to a new e-mail appearing in your Inbox.
• Depending on type and severity, notifications are grouped in three categories:
1. Critical events are the ones you should check immediately.
2. Warning events indicate non-critical issues. You should check and fix them when you have the time.
3. Information events indicate successful operations.
• Notifications are an important tool in monitoring and managing Bitdefender protection, allowing the user to take further action if needed or change actions taken by Bitdefender
• To delete them, you need to access the Notifications log and click on Delete All.