Bitdefender allows the exclusion of specific files, folders or file extensions from scanning.
To add any of them to the Exclusions list, follow the steps explained below:
1. Open the Bitdefender program and go to the Protection windows.
2. Click the VIEW MODULES link.
3. Select the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the ANTIVIRUS module.
4. Select the Exclusions tab.
5. Click on the List of files and folders excluded from scanning accordion menu.
6. Click the Add button.
7. Click Browse and select the folder that you want to be excluded from scanning. Make sure it’s excluded fromBoth on-demand scanning and on-access scanning.
8. Click Add to save the changes and close the window.
9. Click the List of processes excluded from scanning accordion menu, add the .exe file of the application and make sure it is Allowed. After that, click Add (this will exclude it from being monitored by the Active Threat Control).
Bitdefender 2017 also allows you to exclude file extensions from scanning. When excluded, files with those extensions will no longer be scanned by Bitdefender.
To exclude file extensions from scanning:
1. Click the List of extensions excluded from scanning accordion menu.
2. Click the Add button.
3. Enter the extensions that you want to be excluded from scanning, separating them with semicolons (;). Here is an example: txt;avi;jpg. Again, make sure the extensions are excluded from Both on-demand scanning and on-access scanning.