What to do when Bitdefender does not detect malware
In order to promptly resolve this issue, we kindly ask that you send us the malware file(s) as described below:
NOTE: These files will be used for malware analysis only and will be treated accordingly.
1. Disable Bitdefender's real-time protection and/or any other security software that might be in use
2. Locate the file(s) on your drive
3. Add the malware file(s) to a zip file using file compression software of your choice (WinZip, WinRAR, etc.)
4. Password protect the zip file with the password "infected"
5. Complete the CUSTOMER CARE ONLINE FORM and provide us with the following:
- The zip file (upload via “Attach a file” field)
- The words “FALSE NEGATIVE” typed in the message body
6. Click the SUBMIT button
7. Enable the Bitdefender real-time protection and/or any other security software you might use.
NOTE: False negative reports are corrected as soon as possible once we receive the samples.
If you suspect that your computer is infected but Bitdefender does not detect any threats, please read this article.