Understanding User Account types
Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE) is the first comprehensive security solution for virtualized datacenters. SVE protects not only Windows servers and end-user systems, but also Linux and Solaris systems. Integrated with VMware vShield and VMware vCenter, its unique architecture also allows it to defend systems running on any system virtualization technology.
Access to Security Console is done through user accounts. Different types of accounts are available to establish what areas users can access and what they are allowed to do in the console.
By default, any vCenter Server administrator account can be used to log in. To control user access, create accounts in the web console and assign the appropriate role to each one.
To view and manage accounts, access the Accounts page. The existing accounts and the role assigned to each one are listed in a table .
User Account Types
The Security Console supports 3 types of users:
Administrator accounts offer full access to the console and allow users to configure all settings and use all the management options of Security for Virtualized Environments.
Reporter accounts enable access to status information, reports, logs and the quarantine without allowing users to configure any settings.
- No access
No access accounts prevent vCenter Server users from accessing the Security Console.
Managing User Accounts
Creating New Accounts
To create a new account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Accounts page.
- Click the New button on the upper-right side of the accounts table.
Configure the account preferences:
- Enter the username;
- Select the role;
- Select the preferred time zone;
- Select the language in which the interface will be displayed.
- Click Save.
Editing Account Data
To modify the details of an account:
- Select an account in the table.
- Click its corresponding Edit link in the Actions column.
- Make the desired changes in the account page and click Save.
Delete accounts when they are no longer needed. To delete accounts:
- Select one or more accounts in the table.
- Click the Delete button on the upper-right side of the table and confirm the action by clicking Yes.