Understanding Security for Virtual Environments . Managing Deployments
Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE) is the first comprehensive security solution for virtualized datacenters. SVE protects not only Windows servers and end-user systems, but also Linux and Solaris systems. Integrated with VMware vShield and VMware vCenter, its unique architecture also allows it to defend systems running on any system virtualization technology. When installed in VMware environments, SVE takes advantage of vShield Endpoint. However, SVE is not dependent on the virtualization technology; it protects environments that are powered by any virtualization technology.
Security Virtual Machine must be deployed on each host running virtual machines that are to be protected by Security for Virtualized Environments. To access the Deployment page where you can view and manage deployments, point to Computers and select Deployment.
A table listing deployed appliances will appear. The following information is available for each deployment:
- Name of the appliance
- Host on which it was deployed
- Datastore holding the appliance
- Deployment status
- Current version number
- Update version number (if an update is available)
To deploy a new Security Virtual Machine, click the Deploy button on the upper-right side of the table. You can manage individual deployments using links in the Actions column:
- Remove - delete Security Virtual Machine.
- Update - update a deployed appliance to the latest version (if a newer version is
- Edit - modify the settings of an uncompleted deployment.
Removing Security for Virtualized Environments
To completely remove Security for Virtualized Environments, follow the steps below:
1. In Security Console, go to the Deployment page and remove all deployed security virtual appliances.
2. Power off Security Console and delete the machine from vSphere Client.
3. Uninstall Silent Agent from each virtual machine where it is installed. On each machine, go to Start → All Programs → Silent Agent by Bitdefender→ Repair or Remove and select Remove in the window that appears.