Understanding Dashboard Sections
Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE) is the first comprehensive security solution for virtualized datacenters. SVE protects not only Windows servers and end-user systems, but also Linux and Solaris systems. Integrated with VMware vShield and VMware vCenter, its unique architecture also allows it to defend systems running on any system virtualization technology.
Each time you connect to Security Console, a status page is displayed. This page is referred to as the dashboard.
The dashboard presents data regarding key aspects of the security of your datacenter using easy to read charts, thus allowing you to quickly identify any issues that might require your attention.
The data is displayed in several portlets:
- Engines Update Status - Displays the antimalware signature update status for the deployed scanning appliances over a period of time.
- Datacenter Hosts - Displays the number of protected and unprotected hosts.
- Datacenter VMs - Displays the number of protected and unprotected virtual machines.
- Top 10 Infected - Shows the top 10 most infected machines over a specific time period.
- Top 10 Malware - Shows the top 10 malware threats detected in the datacenter over a specific time period.
- Threats Activity - Displays the total number of threats detected over a specific time period.
- Quarantine Status - Displays the number of malware threats quarantined over a specific time period.
- Product Upgrades - Shows you if the security console and scanning appliances are currently up to date with the latest product upgrades.
To manage a portlet, use the buttons on its title bar:
- Refresh the data.
- Open a menu where you can select the time period for which to display the data (for portlets that display data for a specified period of time).
- Minimize the portlet to the bottom of the page.
- Restore a minimized portlet.
Move the mouse cursor over chart areas in order to view additional information. To filter the data displayed in a chart, click the variables appearing in the legend of that chart.