Troubleshooting offline clients
- Make sure that the client machine was rebooted after deployment.
- Make sure that the client machine is turned on.
- Make sure that the Bitdefender Local Manager service is installed and running on the client machine. If it is not, you will need to redeploy the client installation package to that machine.
- Ensure that either no 3rd-party software/hardware firewall exists between the server and the client; if one does exist, ensure that ports 4077 and 4078 are opened on the firewall, as Bitdefender client/server communications use those ports.
- Ensure that the client is set to point to the correct Enterprise Manager server. To do this, go to the client and open the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\Bitdefender Local Manager\bdlm.ini. In this file, look for the entry ‘XMCSERV ='; the data for this item should be the name/IP of the server running the Enterprise Management console. If it is not, please enter that information in that line, save the file, and restart the Bitdefender Local Manager service on the client.