Troubleshooting failing scan tasks
There are some things to check in order to ensure that communication between the server and workstation is up:Ensure that the client computer is started.
- Ensure that the Bitdefender Local Manager service on the client machine is started. If it is, stop and restart it.
- Ensure that the Bitdefender Scan Server service on the client is started. If it is, stop and restart it.
- If the scan task failed for all clients, stop and restart the Bitdefender Local Manager service and the Bitdefender Server service on the Enterprise Manager server.
Another item to note is that sometimes the client(s) will report that a scan task failed, although it did not. This can occur if the process bdlite.exe did not terminate properly after the task, and is still running on the client machine. In order to resolve this, please do one of the following:
- Go to the client(s) and end the bdlite.exe process via Windows Task Manager. You can then re-run the scan task from the Enterprise Management console.
- From the Enterprise Management console, push an Update Client task to the client(s); this task will terminate the bdlite.exe process. You can then re-run the scan task from the Enterprise Management console.