Follow the instructions below to mange, remove or restore your Safebox folders:
A. Managing folders from the Bitdefender Safebox interface
* Open the Bitdefender window.
* Click the Manage Folders button to open a new window displaying the folders added to Bitdefender Safebox.
Manage the folders using the available buttons:
- to synchronize a folder from your Bitdefender Safebox interface.
- to unsynchronize a folder from your Bitdefender Safebox interface.
- to remove a folder from your Bitdefender Safebox interface.
Note: Removing a folder from Bitdefender Safebox does not delete the remote folder, it only places the remote folder in Recycle Bin. To remove the folder permanently, access your MyBitdefender account and delete it from that location
B. Managing folders from Windows
To add a folder to Bitdefender Safebox, choose one of the following:
* Right-click its icon or anywhere inside the folder and select Add to Safebox.
* Drag the folder and drop it in the Manage Folders window.
A remote folder with the same name is created on Bitdefender Safebox servers.
Bitdefender Safebox will start uploading the entire folder contents to the online servers. When the folder synchronization is completed, the Bitdefender Safebox icon will appear over the folder icon.
Once a folder is added to Bitdefender Safebox and as long as Synchronization is on, the folder contents are automatically synced with the online (remote) folder.
C. Removing folders from Bitdefender Safebox
To remove a folder from Bitdefender Safebox, right-click its icon, point to Bitdefender Safebox and select Remove from Bitdefender Safebox. A confirmation window will appear. Click Yes to stop Bitdefender Safebox from managing the folder.
Note: Removing a folder from Bitdefender Safebox does not delete the remote folder, it only places the remote folder in Recycle Bin. To remove the folder permanently, access your MyBitdefender account and delete it from that location.
D. Restoring files deleted from Bitdefender Safebox
Once a folder is synchronized, Bitdefender Safebox keeps track of all the modifications made in that folder. This allows you to restore files deleted from a local Bitdefender Safebox folder and to recover previous versions of files you
To restore the files that were deleted from a Bitdefender Safebox folder, right-click the folder icon or anywhere inside the folder, point to Bitdefender Safebox and select Restore deleted files. This will restore the latest versions of all the files deleted from the folder.
To restore a single file to a certain version, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the file.
2. Point to Bitdefender SafeBox and select View previous versions.
3. A list of points in time when the file was modified is displayed. Select the version you want to restore.
4. Click Recover to....
5. Select the folder where you want to restore the file and click OK.