Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations' overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender's Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization
This article provides information on GravityZone Security for Mobile Devices support for iOS 7.
In order to support iOS 7, GravityZone Security for Mobile Devices required specific changes on both client and server components.
Full compatibility with iOS 7 is achieved starting with the following versions:
- GravityZone Mobile Client 1.1.8 – adds support for enrolling new iOS 7 devices.
- GravityZone Control Center 5.0.9 – adds support for migrating already enrolled iOS 6 devices to iOS 7.
Currently enrolled devices should continue to work with older versions of Control Center after upgrade to iOS 7. However, if the device becomes unlinked, the application cannot be reactivated.
Note: Support for specific iOS 7 features, such as updated user interface, will be available in future updates.
For a smooth migration to iOS 7, follow these best practices:
- Ask the users of currently enrolled devices to update GravityZone Mobile Client to version 1.1.8.
- Upgrade GravityZone Control Center to version 5.0.9 or higher.
- Inform device users to open GravityZone Mobile Client and sync it with Control Center after upgrading to iOS 7.