A. If you already attempted to install
1. Here is how the error message you received might look like:
2. Your partially installed 'bitdefender-common' package needs to be fully configured, in order to make sure that you won't encounter problems when uninstalling:
/opt/Bitdefender/bin/bdregd: error while loading shared libraries: libbdux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing bitdefender-common (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Errors were encountered while processing:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
3. Now you should uninstall the product, since the installation wasn't successful:
sudo ./Bitdefender-Security-Mail-2.1-5-linuxgcc3x-i586.deb.run --uninstall
Note: This example assumes that you have tried to install Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers. Please replace with the name of the package that you actually have.
Optionally you can remove any remaining files with the following command:
sudo rm -fr /opt/Bitdefender
Continue with the steps below.
B. If you did not yet attempt to install
1. Export the LDCONFIG_NOTRIGGER variable, in order to avoid using the triggers with dpkg:
2. Proceed with normally installing the Bitdefender package:
Note: This example assumes that you are installing Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers. Please replace with the name of the package you actually have.
3. Unset the variable exported earlier in order to leave your system clean: