How to uninstall Bitdefender Enterprise Manager 2.6
There are two methods of uninstalling Bitdefender Enterprise Manager from your server: using the system tools and using the manual uninstall procedure.
Uninstalling Bitdefender using the system tools
Bitdefender can be uninstalled similar to any other software program as follows:
- Go to Control Panel and double click Add/Remove programs;
- Wait for the installed software list to be displayed;
- Locate Bitdefender Enterprise Manager into this list, highlight it and then click Remove;
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete and then restart your computer. Please note that if you protect the server using Bitdefender Client you need to repeat the above steps for this product also.
Manual uninstall procedure
Should the above procedure fail or in order to double-check the success of this operation please follow the steps below (note that this section is created to cover the manual uninstall both for Bitdefender Enterprise Manager and Bitdefender Client):
Shutdown all Bitdefender services from the Services console (in order to open it please click Start -> Run..., then type services.msc and then hit OK). These services are:
- Bitdefender Communicator;
- Bitdefender Local Manager;
- Bitdefender Server;
- Bitdefender Update Server;
- Bitdefender HTTP Server;
- Bitdefender Scan Server;
- Bitdefender Virus Shield;
Open Registry Editor (click Start -> Run..., then type regedit and hit OK) and delete the following keys:
- Using Registry Editor browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls and delete ONLY the keys containing Softwin in their paths. The alternative for this step is to use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. After downloading and installing the application please run it and choose to remove the Bitdefender products listed;
- Restart the system;
Delete the following folders:
As a final note: if you want to reinstall Bitdefender Enterprise Manager please make sure that you always use the latest installation kits available for download and that you apply the latest patches after the installation.