Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers allows organizations to protect their Microsoft® ISA Servers to block specific types of websites, scan downloaded files and email attachments from web email services. Ensuring compliance to corporate security policies becomes easier and companies will be able to maintain control of sensitive data that would otherwise leak from inside of the organization;
When downloading large files, Bitdefender for ISA Server releases the files after the download completion. This can cause errors when trying to run the Windows Update in order to update the workstations or the servers.
A work-around to this issue is to include the server in the whitelist of a custom policy rule. The Browser Comforting settings are insufficient in this situation. In order to do that, you will need to follow the steps below:
1. Open the Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers console and go to Policies - Rules and right-click in the empty area on the right and select New - Rule;
2. A configuration wizard will appear and it will guide you through the process;
1. 3. You will have to specify the name of the new rule and the description;
4. Select the HTTP protocol and uncheck the other protocols;
5. Select the option Don't scan traffic from selected clients or Scan traffic from all, except selected clients depending on your previously created groups and in the next step check either Scan only selected content group or Scan all except selected content groups also depending on the way you have configured the Content Groups;
6. Next step check either Scan only selected content group or Scan all except selected content groups also depending on the way you have configured the Content Groups;
7. Click on the button Next and then onto Finish in order to create the rule;
8. The next step is to right-click on the new created rule and select Properties in order to edit the White List;
9. Click on Edit button under HTTP and a window allowing you to setup the White List will appear;
10. Enter the http://www.update.microsoft.com address or
and click on Add button;
11. The final step is to configure the Action that will be taken onto the Client Groups and/or Content Groups.
After setting up the rule, click the Apply and then the OK button and the rule is set.