How to generate full memory dumps?
In order to generate full memory dumps, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to Start -> Control Panel;
2. Open System and click on Advanced System Settings;
3. Click on the Advanced tab and then press the Settings button from Start up and Recovery;
4. Please select Complete Memory Dump from the 'Write debugging information' drop-down list
5. Make sure that the 'Automatically restart' option is checked;
6. Make sure that the 'Overwrite any existing file' option is checked;
7. Click the OK button twice to save the changes made;
7. Once the blue screen occurs again a .dmp file is generated in C:\\Windows folder.
Please follow the steps below in order to be able to see the created dumps:
[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]
- go to your 'Control Panel' and open 'Folder Options';
- then go to the 'View' tab and perform the changes listed below:
* check 'Display contents of system folders'
* check 'Show hidden files and folders'
* uncheck 'Hide file extensions for known file types'
* uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files'
- click 'Apply' and then 'OK' to exit.
NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting 'Display contents of system folders'.