How to fix the ”License Expired” error on Cloud Security for Endpoints
Cloud Security for Endpoints by Bitdefender protects systems using security technology that has been rated number one time and time again. It does not require on-site server hardware and maintenance as it is managed by Cloud Security Console, a powerful and intuitive interface to a solution that can scale to defend any number of systems, no matter where they are located.
This article describes how to fix the “License Expired” issue, displayed in the Endpoint Client interface.
- Check the connection between the endpoints and the Cloud Security Console
- Re-enter the license key in the Cloud Security Console
Depending on the size of your network you might encounter a “License expired” error message displayed in some or all of the Endpoint Client interfaces, although the license appears as valid in the Cloud Security Console.
To check the connection between the endpoints and the Cloud Security Console:
- Log in to the Cloud Security Console.
- Send a policy to the endpoints reported to be expired. Important: The endpoints must be online. Make sure the policy applies, in order to confirm that there is an existing connection between the endpoint and the Cloud Security Console. If the policy does not get applied, contact Bitdefender Business Support Team.
If there is a working connection between the endpoints and the Cloud Security Console, follow the steps below to re-enter the license information:
- Log in to the Cloud Security Console
- Go to the Accounts > My Account section if you have a company account or select the company account from Accounts > Companies if you have a partner account.
Click the License No. link.
Re-enter the license key in the License Key field.
- Click Change Key.
Important: Please note that the license synchronization might take up to several hours (until the above message disappears). Meanwhile, the license key should not be entered again since this action will restart the authentication process.
Should you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact Bitdefender Business Support Team.