How to create a screenshot
To take a screenshot showing a specific message or situation you can follow the steps below:
- Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This will capture an image of your entire screen and copy it to the clipboard.
NOTE: The Print Screen button may be labeled as PrtScn, PrntScrn, Print Scr or something similar. On most keyboards the button is usually found between the F12 and Scroll Lock keys. On laptop keyboards you may have to press the Fn or Function key to access Print Screen. You will not receive any confirmation that the screenshot has been taken.
- Paste the screenshot into a program in order to see it. The most common way is to paste it into a Paint file so you can transfer it later on.
To open Paint go to Start > Accessories > from the list of applications click on Paint.
- Once the new blank canvas is open, press Ctrl+V keys simultaneously to paste the image onto the canvas. You can also open the Edit menu and select Paste, or right-click on the canvas and select paste.
- Click File, and then Save to set the name, file type and location of the image.
- You can now send the screenshot to one of our agents so they can have a full picture of the encountered situation.