How do I automatically shut down the computer after the scan is over?
Bitdefender offers multiple scan tasks that you can use to make sure your system is not infected with malware. Scanning the entire computer may take longer time to complete depending on your system's hardware and software configuration.
For this reason, Bitdefender allows you to configure Bitdefender to shut down your system as soon as the scan is over.
Consider this example: you have finished your work at the computer and you want to go to sleep. You would like to have your entire system checked for malware by Bitdefender.
This is how you set up Bitdefender to shut down your system at the end of the scan:
1. Open the Bitdefender window.
2. On the Antivirus panel, click Scan Now and select Manage Scans from the drop-down menu.
3. Click New custom task to enter a name for the scan and select the locations to be scanned.
4. If you want to configure the scanning options in detail, select the Advanced tab.
5. Click OK to save the changes and close the window.
6. Choose to shutdown the computer when the scan is over if no threats are found.
7. Click Start Scan.
If no threats are found, the computer will shut down.
If there remain unresolved threats, you will be prompted to choose the actions to be taken on them.