Cloud Security for Endpoints by Bitdefender protects systems using security technology that has been rated number one time and time again. It does not require on-site server hardware and maintenance as it is managed by Cloud Security Console, a powerful and intuitive interface to a solution that can scale to defend any number of systems, no matter where they are located.
By using Cloud Security Console, you can do the following:
- Install protection on endpoints (workstations, laptops, servers).
- Visualize the entire network (managed computers, unprotected computers detected in the network).
- Find out detailed information about a managed computer.
- Remotely run tasks on computers (install, uninstall, scan, configure protection modules).
- Assign policies to managed computers in order to configure and manage protection.
- Monitor protection.
- Obtain centralized easy-to-read reports regarding the managed computers.
- Check and manage quarantined files remotely.
- Create and manage user accounts for other company employees.
- Check user activity log.
1. Connect to Cloud Security Console after you received your password
The access is made by accessing the following link and the authentication is made using your registered email address and the password provided via email.
*Note: Make sure that you are using Internet Explorer 8+ or Mozilla Firefox 4+ for optimized experience.
2. Change your default login password
It is recommended that you change the default login password received by email following your subscription to our service. It is also advisable to change your login password periodically.
To change the login password:
- Go to the Accounts > My Account page.
- Type a new password in the corresponding fields (under Account Details).
- Click Submit to save the changes.
3. Customize your account details
Go to the Accounts > My Account page to manage your account details. It is recommended that you change the default login password. You can customize the PDF report layout by loading your company logo.
4. Deploy Bitdefender Endpoint Client in your network
There are two installation methods:
- Manual installation. Use the installation link from your Cloud Security Console account to download and install Endpoint Client locally on individual computers. Manual installation is wizard-guided.
- Remote automatic installation. Once installed on a computer, Endpoint Client uses Windows Network Discovery to automatically detect unprotected computers in the local network. The Cloud Security for Endpoints protection can then be installed on those computers remotely from the console. Remote installation is performed in the background, without the user knowing about it.
5. Manage your computers
To view the computers under your account, go to the Computers > View Computers page. From the View Computers page, you can do the following:
- Organize computers into groups to manage their security more efficiently. This is recommended if you manage a larger number of computers (tens or more).
- Check computer and protection details.
- View and change security policy settings.
- Remotely run tasks on computers to scan them, install the Cloud Security for Endpoints protection or modify the current installation.
- Create quick reports in order to obtain various security information about specific computers.
6. Create security reports
Cloud Security for Endpoints allows you to create and view centralized reports on the security status of the managed computers. The reports can be used for multiple purposes, such as:
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the organization's security policies.
- Checking and assessing the network security status.
- Identifying network security issues, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring security incidents and malware activity.
- Providing upper management with easy-to-interpret data on network security.
Several different report types are available so that you can easily get the information you need. The information is presented as easy-to-read pie charts, tables and graphics, allowing you to quickly check the network security status and identify security issues. Reports can consolidate data from the entire network of managed computers or from specific groups only. In this way, from a single report, you can find out:
- Statistical data regarding all or groups of managed computers.
- Detailed information for each managed computer.
- The list of computers that meet specific criteria (for example, those that have antimalware protection disabled).
All generated reports are available in Cloud Security Console for a default period of 90 days, but you can save them to your computer or email them. Available formats include Portable Document Format (PDF) and comma-separated values (CSV).