Creating reports in GravityZone
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations’ overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender’s Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization.
GravityZone allows you to create and view centralized reports on the security status of the managed computers. The reports can be used for multiple purposes, such as:
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the organization's security policies.
- Checking and assessing the network security status.
- Identifying network security issues, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring security incidents and malware activity.
- Providing upper management with easy-to-interpret data on network security.
From a single report, you can find out statistical data regarding all or groups of managed computers, detailed information for each managed computer, The list of computers that meet specific criteria (for example, those that have antimalware protection disabled). Available formats include Portable Document Format (PDF) and comma-separated values (CSV).
Available Report Types
This is the list of some of the available report types:
- Update Status
- Data Protection
- Endpoint Modules Status
- Endpoint Protection Status
- Top 10 Infected Endpoints
- Top 10 Detected Malware
- Malware Status
- Malware Activity
More report examples can be found in the Administrator's Guide. Some reports are only available in the Cloud, respectively, only in the On Premise version.
To create a report:
1. Go to the Reports -> Add. The Create Report page will appear;
2. Select the desired report type from the menu;
3. Enter a suggestive name for the report;
4. Configure report recurrence - Now or Scheduled;
Note: Reports generated on the spot (Now) will dissapear from the Reports list after the page has been closed. The Reports can be Exported or sent via e-mail.
5. Configure the Report Interval. To receive the report by email, select the corresponding option;
6. Configure the report target;
7. Click Generate to create the report.
Viewing and Managing Generated Reports
To view and manage generated reports, go to the Reports page. You can see the generated reports and useful information about them:
- Report name and type
- View Report
To make sure the latest information is being displayed, click the Refresh button in the upper-left corner of the page.
Note: Only Scheduled Reports will show up in the Reports page.
To email the report you are viewing:
1. Under the View Reports column, click on the report that you need to email;
2. The report will open, with the option to Email in the lower-right part of the page.
To download a report:
1. Go to the Reports page;
2. Select the report(s) in question;
3. Click Download. There are 2 options:
- Last instance - downloads the last generated report;
- Full archive - downloads all of the generated reports in a ZIP file.
Managing Scheduled Reports
To modify the reports, click on the reports name. A window will appear, which allows you to modify the information.
To delete a scheduled report:
1. Go to the Reports page;
2. Select the report;
3. Click the Delete button located above the table.