Cloud Security for Endpoints by Bitdefender protects systems using security technology that has been rated number one time and time again. It does not require on-site server hardware and maintenance as it is managed by Cloud Security Console, a powerful and intuitive interface to a solution that can scale to defend any number of systems, no matter where they are located.
This new upgrade delivers a number of major improvements over the previous version, including a new client product, Endpoint Security by Bitdefender.
Note: The upgrade process will automatically reboot the target machines.
New Features and Improvements
- Endpoint Client has been replaced by Endpoint Security, a new and improved client product with better performance and protection levels.
- The Privacy Control and the User Control tabs in the policies section from the Cloud Security Console have been replaced by the Content Control tab.
- Added the option to define exclusions for the Traffic Scan module. Traffic scan settings are only available for the Endpoint Security client.
- A new notification has been added informing the administrators to upgrade the Endpoint Client protection to Endpoint Security.
- An email is now sent to the address set in the Account Details section after each successful authentication on the Cloud Security Console.
- Added the possibility for an administrator to edit policies created by other administrators from the same company.
- Added a Custom email field to the scheduled report delivery list.
- The license expiration date is now displayed in the Cloud Security Console.
- Computers having Unicode characters in their name were not able to synchronize with the Cloud Security Console. The issue is now fixed.
- Quarantined files were sometimes displayed with an incorrect quarantine date. The issue is now fixed.
- Saving a firewall rule with a local address, no remote address and a remote port configured was not possible. This issue is now fixed.
- Saving a custom firewall rule with the Events field unchecked was possible. This issue is now fixed
- Exclusion rules for the Data Protection module were not saved correctly when assigned for All keyword rules. This issue is now fixed
- Deleting and restoring files from quarantine did not always work correctly. This issue is now fixed.
Web installer kits downloaded before the update was released will not work anymore, therefore we recommend downloading either the new web installer kits or the full kits from the Cloud Security Console in order to install the new Endpoint Security client and benefit from the latest security improvements.