Bitdefender Security for Endpoints (cloud-based) Update - June 2014
Bitdefender Security for Endpoints (cloud-based) protects business systems with centralized policy-based control and real-time visibility into the security status and does not require onsite server hardware or maintenance as it is managed by the hosted Bitdefender management console.
This article provides information on the changes delivered with the Security for Endpoints update released on June 30th 2014. This update focuses on new features and improvements, bringing several enhancements such as scheduled installation tasks and option to update products and signatures separately.
New Features and Improvements
- Product updates and signature updates can now be configured and reported separately. This improvement allows administrators to choose which component to update and to better schedule product updates that require OS restarts and high bandwidth consumption.
- New option to schedule client installation tasks from Control Center. This new feature allows administrators choosing the specific moment when the deployment will start on different endpoints.
- Partners can license several child companies using the same monthly license pool.
- Partners can now easier license companies with a trial license key automatically generated from Control Center.
- Improved password recovery procedure.
- New policy filtering criteria (by assignment status: applied / pending and by number of target computers).
- Added the option to configure the default Antivirus Control action for infected applications via policy.
- Detections of Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) are now notified in malware events, even if scanning for PUA is disabled.
- Improved wizard for creating a report. Malware reports now include information regarding the ignored items.
- Filtering the network inventory is now possible from the root level of the main company.
- Computers with security issues are easier to visualize in the network tree, with a warning icon displayed for each parent container of the vulnerable computer.
- Added a visual notification when network filters are active.
- The Logs page has been renamed as User Activity and moved under Accounts menu.
- EULA can now be downloaded as PDF from Help & Support page.
- Improved wizard for adding new dashboard portlets.
- Administrators from partner companies could not use policies created by users from child companies. This issue is now fixed.
- The option for global exclusions action available in the custom scan tasks wizard was improperly explained. This issue is now fixed.
- Several default policy settings are not displayed in the default policy template. This issue does not reproduce after cloning the default policy.
- Rescheduled install tasks created via Endpoint Security Relay clients have an incorrect status.