Bitdefender Mobile Security - Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Bitdefender Mobile Security require an Internet connection?
The application needs to communicate with Bitdefender servers in order to determine the security status of the applications it scans and of the web pages you are visiting.
What does Bitdefender Mobile Security need each permission for?
- Internet access -> used for cloud communication.
- Read phone state and identity -> used to detect if the device is connected to the Internet and to extract certain device info needed to create a unique ID when communicating to Bitdefender cloud.
- Read and write browser bookmarks -> Web Security module deletes malicious sites from your browsing history.
- Read log data -> Bitdefender Mobile Security detects traces of malware activity from the Android logs.
- Read / write SMS, contacts, account data and external storage -> required for the remote wipe feature.
- Location -> required for remote geolocation.
How will Bitdefender Mobile Security impact my device’s performance and battery autonomy?
We keep the impact very low. The application only runs when it is essential – after you install an app, when you browse the application interface or when you want a security check. Bitdefender Mobile Security does not run in the background when you call your buddies, type a message or play a game.
What does the Application Audit tell me about applications I install?
The Application Audit tells you what each application is capable of doing on your device. It tells you if an application can access your private data, send messages, connect to the Internet or perform any other function that can sometimes pose risks to your security.
What is Device Administrator?
Device Administrator is an Android feature that gives Bitdefender Mobile Security the permissions needed in order to perform certain tasks remotely. Without these privileges, remote lock would not work and device wipe would not be able to completely remove your data. If you want to remove the app, make sure to revoke these privileges before trying to uninstall from Settings > Location & Security > Select device administrators.
What's the trusted number for?
If your phone gets into the hands of someone who has no intention of returning it to its rightful owner, it is likely that the SIM card will be changed quickly. Whenever Bitdefender Mobile Security detects the SIM card in your phone has been changed, it automatically sends a text message containing the new phone number to the number you have set. This way, you can send SMS commands to your phone even if the SIM card is switched and its number changes. This can be the phone number of someone you know and trust, or the number of another phone you are using.
I forgot the PIN for Anti-Theft. What do I do?
Log in to your MyBitdefender account from any web browser at the following address: https://my.bitdefender.com/, select Anti-Theft from the dashboard, and then select your device. Once you are on your device's page, click the then More actions icon on the left side and select Show password.
How to fix "No Google Token" error that appears when signing in to Bitdefender Mobile Security?
This error occurs when the device is not associated with a Google account, or the device is associated with an account but a temporary problem is preventing it from connecting to Google.
Try one of the following solutions:
- Go to Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Bitdefender Mobile
Security and tap Clear data. Then try to sign in again.
- Make sure your device is associated with a Google account.
To check this, go to Settings > Accounts & sync and see if a Google account is listed under Manage Accounts. Add your account if one is not listed, restart your device and then try to sign in to Bitdefender Mobile Security.
- Restart your device and try to sign in again.