Introducing the new
Clueful is the only way to really understand iOS apps, how they use your private data and treat your privacy. This one-of-a-kind product identifies intrusive applications and shows you what they do behind your back.
Installed apps are easy to analyze for understanding of the privacy-associated concerns that may affect you.
New or apps that our users may have not tried yet are easy to look up with the search feature to make informed decisions.
Clueful no longer addresses solely the needs of iPhone users. Tablet, Mac or PC owners, you are all more than welcome to use Clueful. Just hit www.cluefulapp.com to discover which misdemeanant apps are making more than they are supposed to in the background.
The Bitdefender cloud "knows" about 100,000+ free apps. Thanks to our constant updating policy you can expect a lot more in the near future. Until then you can rest assured that very many iOS apps have been thoroughly analyzed.
1. What is Clueful?
You'd be surprised how many things an app can learn about you and what you do... without you ever knowing it.
Clueful is a web application that offers inside information about iPhone apps. Find out:
- which apps access or even upload your own address book contacts to their cloud;
- which apps can learn your real identity;
- which apps might be carelessly, sending your passwords over the internet and putting your accounts at risk;
- which apps use and upload your UDID to analyze what you do;
- which apps can read your personal or business calendars;
- which apps gather analytics in order to monitor you;
- which apps can track your location;
- which apps display ads;
- which apps drain your battery through their improper use of background services, such as GPS or audio services.
2. Why do you need to know what your apps are doing?
Most applications are legitimate.
We're here to provide the facts about how apps may be using your private data, but ultimately you are the one who decides if an app is safe to use or not.
For example, an app that provides backup for your contacts has every right to access your entire address book, but why should a flashlight app do the same?
3. How to use Clueful?
Go to http://www.cluefulapp.com on your phone, tablet or computer. Browse the top free apps or search for apps in our database. Select an app to see more details about it, rate it, share the app info or leave your comments about it.
4. How does Clueful work?
Clueful fetches privacy details about iOS apps from the Bitdefender cloud. We have a constantly increasing database of apps we have clues on. Thousands of apps are added to this database every day.
5. Does Clueful have this information about every app out there?
For starters, we're focusing on free apps, since those are most likely to threaten your privacy. Not all apps may be known to Clueful but you may suggest your favorite app for analysis. Paid apps will follow, starting with the most popular ones.
6. There’s an app I can’t find with Clueful. What do I do?
You can easily request new titles to be analyzed. Just click the Info button at the top of the screen and then click Suggest app to send us an email with your suggestion. The Suggest app button also appears on the screen whenever a search finds no matches. We’ll look into it as soon as possible.
7. Can I share my thoughts about apps?
Absolutely! Select a title to access the app details and then use the Rate it button to give it a rating or select Comments to share your thoughts or ask others for more information using Facebook comments.
8. Is there a Clueful app?
A standalone, native, iOS app is in the works. It won’t be too long before a Clueful app appears on the App Store