Internet Gateways - The First Line Of Defense
Many companies today have shared Internet access for all the employees. Organizations deploying Internet Gateway solutions such as Microsoft® Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server can consolidate Internet traffic by caching it for more efficient utilisation of shared bandwidth. They can also benefit from a built-in firewall that provides additional security and access control to protect their internal networks.
The Need For Protecting Internet Access Gateways
However, the ISA Servers default firewall technology and limited functionality does not fully protect against malicious code entering into companys network. Malicious attacks can be tunneled through applications or embedded in Web content, quickly propagating through the network to impact workforce productivity, increase costs associated to malware incidents, and divert limited IT resources.
Web-based services pose many security threats, including:
- User downloaded files from Websites infected with malicious code
- Infected email or Spam attachments from online mail services
- Uploading or downloading infected files via an internal or external service
- Infections that propagate through a shared network drive
Bitdefender Security For Isa Servers
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers allows organizations to protect their Microsoft® ISA Servers to block specific types of websites, scan downloaded files and email attachments from web email services. Ensuring compliance to corporate security policies becomes easier and companies will be able to maintain control of sensitive data that would otherwise leak from inside of the organization.
Securing Internet Gateways With Bitdefender
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers scans traffic passing through the Internet Gateways. Downloaded files and email attachments from web email services are scanned and selected types of websites can be blocked. Scanning all the Internet Gateway traffic helps organizations to ensure compliance to security policies and prevent sensitive data from being distributed outside of the organization.
Inbound And Outbound Threat Protection
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers protects against malicious code entering into companys infrastructure and increases productivity through rules for uploads to online applications;
- Award winning virus detection, cleaning and quarantine. Scans file and web content ensuring real-time protection to minimise the risk of malware propagation throughout the network
- Supports multiple filtering methods to limit access to specific types of website or control file uploads to online applications, like webmail services
- Easy to manage keyword based website and FTP blacklists or white lists for safe websites
Optimization, Management, And Reporting
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers has been optimized to Microsofts ISA Servers to deliver high throughput and easy centralized management features;
- Reduces administration workload by enabling centralized notification management through the integration of Bitdefender alerts with the ISA Servers Alerts Module
- Supports ISA Server deployments configured as an array for high volume traffic environments when used for load balancing
- Optimized and accelerated scanning process by integration with Microsofts Firewall rules and Web caching through Microsofts Virus Scanning Interface (ISAPI)
- Browser comforting technology for scanning and passing through large files in small blocks
- Reports on virus activity, scanning statistics and Internet traffic volumes
- Configurable actions for various events triggering email alerts or executing other actions
- Allows remote management and configuration via a centralized management console
Multiple Levels Of Scanning And Filtering
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers provides scanning and filtering methodologies in multiple levels to detect malicious code to safeguard confidential information. The filters in clued Web (HTTP) Filter, FTP Upload/Download scanner, Content Filtering, Blacklist and White lists and Usage Policies.
Defense In Depth
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. Bitdefenders proactive, multi-platform products detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
Advanced, Proactive Detection
Bitdefenders award-winning scan engines have been recognized by leading certification bodies, - including ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, and West Coast Labs - for their unmatched proactive antimalware protection. Bitdefender provides multiple levels of advanced protection.
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers provides award winning virus detection, management and reporting features to enable the sharing of information safely throughout an organization
Signature and Heuristic Detection - In addition to signature based detection, Bitdefender provides heuristic detection that emulates a virtual computer-within-a-computer, checking all files and code for malicious behavior. This technique produces fewer false positives and significantly higher detection rates for zero-day and unknown threats.
Web (HTTP) Traffic
Scanning engine detects viruses and malware in real-time when users are browsing websites, accessing web email services or other web based applications.
Scanning features detects viruses and malware in real-time whenever users are downloading or uploading files by using File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
Content filtering allows for the detection of predefined information such as credit card or account information, report names, client databases, etc. from passing outside the companys control. The Content Filtering applies customizable restrictions based on website or FTP server addresses, keywords and content size.
Blacklists and White list
Blacklists and White list for blocking websites based on keywords or listing known, safe websites.
Usage Polices enable flexible restrictions to be applied within the organizations network based on ranges of IP addresses, content types or protocols.
Bitdefender Security for ISA Servers offers intelligent updates once an hour with new virus definitions and restricted content database, ensuring your ISA Server deployment is current with the very latest threat protection.
Optimized Security Solution For Isa Servers
Bitdefender uses advanced integration methods for Microsoft® ISA Servers to ensure minimal system degradation and maximum operational performance.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft ISA Server 2000/2004/2006 Standard Edition
- Microsoft ISA Server 2004/2006 Enterprise Edition
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher