The system appears infected
If the system appears infected but BitDefender does not detect anything please send us an email at email@example.com with the following information that will help us understand the cause and provide you with a quick solution:
NOTE: This information will be used for malware analysis only and will be treated accordingly.
1. Describe the behavior of the computer that led you to belive the system is infected;
2. Provide a screenshot displaying the malware or the effects of the malware (if applicable);
3. Update your BitDefender, run a Deep System scan and send us the scan log attached to the email;
4. A BDSI log (as described below):
- Save BDSI.zip on the computer and extract it to a location of your choice;
- Run BDSystemInfo.exe;
- Click the "Create log" button to start generating the log; A small window will appear displaying a progress bar indicating that the tool is creating the report;
- When the small window disappears then the report is complete and a new file named "bd_sys_log.xml" has appeared on your Desktop;
- Attach the "bd_sys_log.xml" file to an email and send it to our Support Department.
5. A GMER log (as described below):
- Save GMER.zip on the computer and extract it to a location of your choice:
- Run gmer.exe;
- Allow the tool a few moments to perform the initial scan;
- Click on the "Scan" button from the lower right side of the window; you will notice that the button will change to "Stop" indicating that the tool is creating the report;
- When the scanning process is over the button will change back to "Scan";
- Click on the "Save..." button and save the log to a location of your choice, naming it "gmer.log".
- Attach the "gmer.log" file to an email and send it to our Support Department.