I. Backup the actual configuration
1. Open the old Update Server interface: Start → Programs → BitDefender Management Server → BitDefender Update Server
2. Write down the following information:
• Internet Update Location
• Local Disk Location
• Update Interval
• Proxy Settings (if there are any)
• BitDefender Products Selected For Update
3. Write down the port used to publish the updates in the local network:
• If BitDefender HTTP Server was used to publish the updates, the port is the value of the Port field in the file ...\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender HTTP Server\httpconfig.xml
• If another HTTP server was used, the port should be written in the graphical interface of that HTTP Server.
4. Delete the update files downloaded by the old Update Server. The files can be found in the location indicated at Local Disk Location that you wrote down at step I.2.
II. Deactivate the old Update Server
1. Open the Services console in Windows (from Control Panel or writing "services.msc" in command line) and disable the services BitDefender Update Server and BitDefender HTTP Server by setting their Startup type to Disable.
III. Install the new Update Server
1. Run the new BitDefender Update Server kit and follow the wizard steps on the Default installation
IV. Configure the NEW Update Server settings
1. Open the new BitDefender Update Server interface: Start → Programs → BitDefender Management Server → BitDefender Update Server. The default password is "admin".
2. Configure the Update Server settings. Click the Settings tab and configure the settings based on the values that you wrote down in step I and then save the settings.
The correspondence between the settings of the NEW BitDefender Update Server and the OLD one is shown in the following table:
NEW UPDATE SERVER SETTINGS
-Versions 3.1.8 and later- OLD UPDATE SERVER SETTINGS
-Versions 3.1.7 and earlier-
The Internet location the updates are downloaded from Update server Internet Update Location
Local folder where the downloaded updates are stored Local directory Local Disk Location
(or create a new one)
Proxy settings for the Internet connection (if there are any) Use proxy settings Proxy Settings
The port used by the Update Server to publish the updates Update Server port Port
The interval at which the Update Server checks for new updates Update period Update Interval
3. Configure the list of BitDefender products that will be updated through BitDefender Update Server. Click the Products tab and then the Add new products button to add the list of products (BitDefender Products Selected For Update) that you wrote down in step I.