How to uninstall BitDefender
Video tutorial available:All the steps you need to follow are also presented in a video. In order to see the video click here.
Uninstalling BitDefender using the system tools
BitDefender can be uninstalled similar to any other software program as follows:
- Go to Control Panel and double click Add/Remove programs;
- Wait for the installed software list to be displayed;
- Locate BitDefender into this list, highlight it and then click Remove;
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete and then restart your computer.
Uninstalling BitDefender using the uninstall tool
Alternatively you can use the BitDefender uninstall tool as described below:
- Download and save the BitDefender Uninstall Tool on your computer into a location of your choice. This tool can be used for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
for Internet Explorer users for Mozilla Firefox users
- After the download completes go to the location where you downloaded and run (double-click) it;
- After a couple of moments the uninstall tool interface will appear;
- Click Uninstall;
- Wait for the tool to display the completion message and then restart your computer.