Your computer might slow down; several new programs will run (in task manager). Also some adware like activities (like popups in IE) might appear). Internet Explorer start page will be modified
Please let BitDefender disinfect your files.
Dragos Gavrilut, virus researcher
Trojan.Fatobfus it’s an automated obfuscated file that acts like a downloader. Most of the time, it downloads different version of the Swizzor Trojan. Also a QHost Trojan is created sometimes. If it downloads the swizzor Trojan, the following files might appear in your computer:
- some random name files (like 64a892.exe) in your temp directory (usually C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp)
- Application Data directory may contain some directories formed by three or two word (like “time more” or “Tool meow bar”)
- %systemdir%/drivers/host is modified.
Also, some registry key might be added in order to ensure that these processes are run when Windows starts.
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurentVersion\Run will have a key that will run one of the programs that are in Application Data Direcory
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser helper Object will also have a key that will run one of the programs that are in Application Data directory (usually an adware component that run with Internet Explorer )